Why Number One Pest Control?
Everyone knows that pests can cause problems with a dwelling. The house is not the only victim. Insects and small animal pests can be a health threat. Here are some known (and lesser known) facts pertaining to pests.
Stinging insects send 500,000 people to hospitals each year.
- Seven to eight percent of the general population is allergic to cockroaches.
- Cockroaches contaminate food and carry filth. They commonly carry staphylococci, strep, coliform molds, salmonella, yeasts and clostridia.
- Ticks spread Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever.
- Mice spread Hantavirus, and contaminate untold quantities of food each year.
- Rats bite more than 45,000 people each year. Rats also transmit disease organisms such as rat bite fever, salmonellosis, trichinosis, murine typhus, the plague and leptospirosis.
- Fleas are implicated in the spread of the plague.
- House flies are vectors of many diseases.
- Brown Recluse and Black Widow spiders inflict serious health problems when they bite humans.
Pest Control professionals are important to the health of the public. Our employees are experts in their field and undergo training to keep up with the newest techniques and remedies.